About Me

My photo
The Madman, "Yes, three days, three centuries, three aeons. Strange they would always weigh and measure. It is always a sundial and a pair of scales."

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NIGHTMARE

Every inch closer to bed
turns another nightmare from last night
into virtual reality -
A quiver and a smile
and a chill down my spine;
Red eyes and white teeth,
prowling in the dark
uder my bed.
They taste blood,
smack their lips
and lick their fangs.
My head on my pillow
and a claw scraping my toe;
Gasps of air meant to be breaths
lose their way and fill my head
and pull my eyes
to reveal the whites.
Strange thoughts
take strange shapes -
A red fluid in a drinking glass
or
a hooked sucking fang in my throat
or
a noose, tight around my neck -
Let go! Let go!
Where is my air?
O no! O no!
A flash of light -
Another dawn,
another day to survive,
another bright beginning
to a dismal, engulfing end.

2 comments:

  1. oh...amazing, just sooooo real n vivacious

    amazing work

    n such a true description of how nightmares are... just, Vow

    Vow!!

    (n yea, ur last lines are just awesome, all of them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A flash of light -
    Another dawn,
    another day to survive,
    another bright beginning".....achi h .....rest i dnt like 'sad-sad' stuff !!

    ReplyDelete