About Me

My photo
The Madman, "Yes, three days, three centuries, three aeons. Strange they would always weigh and measure. It is always a sundial and a pair of scales."

Friday, December 25, 2009

UNLIVE




Watch the fire melt in the heat
And my heart shiver with cold;
Find the peacocks in the rain;
Lest these stories go untold.

Tick-tock of the clock
Drains the acid from my eye;
Rub the wound, rub the wound!
Don’t let the fever die.

There goes my black guitar
And there my wing;
There goes the pen-maker’s daughter,
So here I sing.

The last goodbye still hammers away,
This clown still weeps,
The beauty-queen dances on with strange men,
The audience claps and sleeps.

I step outta the window,
I step onto the sky,
I step outta the garbage bin
I used to call, “My life.”


No comments:

Post a Comment