About Me

My photo
The Madman, "Yes, three days, three centuries, three aeons. Strange they would always weigh and measure. It is always a sundial and a pair of scales."

Thursday, August 5, 2010

WHAT IF...


My lonely bed in the morning

Makes me think,

My empty message inbox

Makes me think,

The lines on my face and my untuned guitar

Make me think,

What if?...



Brochures of vacation spots

Make me think,

Fathers teaching their kids how to walk

Make me think,

Old couples walking hand in hand

Make me think,

What if?...



What if the promises we had made came true?

What if you hadn’t said ‘We’re through’?

What if we grew old together?

What if I were still with you?

7 comments:

  1. please please add a few more lines b4 the end para...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tini....puhlzzzz,,, this is jus soooo perrfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sory for the wayward comment thats gona follow

    i loved the first two stanzas .. didnt like the last one ...

    somehow wished that the first two stanzas meant for something more profound... than a break up

    ReplyDelete
  4. dis is one poem i dont like myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. just edit the last para .. the editing will be a feat in itself .. even though it might not be at par with the one that you replaced... you might just end up liking the fact that u changed it
    !

    just my two cents ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would ve done that if i liked the poem in the first place...dis one doesnt deserve it... :P

    ReplyDelete