About Me

My photo
The Madman, "Yes, three days, three centuries, three aeons. Strange they would always weigh and measure. It is always a sundial and a pair of scales."

Monday, March 26, 2012

WAITING FOR YOU

I have decorated the door with lights, did you see?
The way is laden with strewn petals for your feet,
Every approaching noise rings my held heart beat;
I'm tad eager, waiting for you...

Songs of hope, longing, passion, loving, I'm humming
Every second thought warns of a disaster coming
I can see you walk away, my cold floor angrily drumming.
I'm wee bit nervous, waiting for you...

Are my hopes too high for the evil grasp of fate to reach?
Is this the day when you and I, together we finally defeat
The forces of doom that play me, pull me down from beneath?
My joy is unhindered, waiting for you...

I have waited for ages now, second after painful second to see
To see if my hopes trump what I've learned thus far in my story
That nothing hurts more than beautiful, crazy, stupid dreams.
Once again I hoped for unattainable joys meant not for me
Once again I slipped from this high cliff that feeds the anonymous sea
But this time I didn't lose you; this time it's me.
This time it's killed me- waiting for you.

2 comments: