About Me

My photo
The Madman, "Yes, three days, three centuries, three aeons. Strange they would always weigh and measure. It is always a sundial and a pair of scales."

Thursday, May 22, 2014

AFAR OFF



My only company is this curse of confused compasses
Pulling me in directions as opposite as graves and skies.
Between here and you there is a vast ocean of lives
All of which I must live one by one and in search of the next one,
The one that leads to the one that takes me to you.
My mind, I imagine, must be kept on a short leash
Lest it stray to horizons far beyond the realm of lines and bars,
By far the worst of predicaments that I have been through
Though I may be forgetting that thing about my compass friends;
Ways to get there so many I see
I sit here and wait for there to find its way here.
I have believed that I have believed
But to know for sure I must put an end to it all;
Will the end be there where I reach if I do?
And will you be smiling?
Waiting with open arms
And tears and scars and all those gifts given to you by the stars;
But the end seems far
While my mind, short of leash and thought
Can only go as far as the point from where it can see clearly how much further
And while the compasses make it run circles
And before I reach anywhere
I will sit here and gaze at the end
And imagine you and many things bizarre…



No comments:

Post a Comment